1) They attempt to berate residents into turning over control of finances to Lake Ridge staff members
2) They ignore health care directives
3) They do not bill insurance properly in attempts to extort residents they know have savings into paying out of pocket, despite having billed the insurance successfully in the past before they knew about the resident's financial status
4) When a resident's guardian / power of attorney objected to abuses, Lake Ridge staff attempted to convince the resident to withdraw the power of attorney.
5) When the resident finally left the facility, Lake Ridge staff accused the resident's family member of stealing a wheelchair and attempted to get the police involved, despite the resident having brought the chair with her when she moved in and having owned it for years before her first visit to Lake Ridge.